aortiz1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
472 views

XDAS installation on Identity Apps Server Failed

Hi! i posted first in the wrong forum so now i post again!

Good evening!
I've been having issues trying to install XDAS in my Identity Applications server running on a Redhat 7.3.
I went to the Identity Applications Doc and followed this



So i went to the Open XDAS project website, downloaded the last RPM package(which says it supports redhat, fedora,ubuntu,etc) and tried to install it in my server and it keeps asking for the following dependencies:



Libaudit.so
Libssl.so
Libodbc.so
i tried installing the unixODBC package and updating my openssl package to see if could resolve this two dependencies but no luck!
Did anyone installed sucessfully OpenXDAS?
Does anyone have any information about what to do with this issue?
Thank you very much in advance

pd: I also tried installing OpenXDAS in my SUSE 12 64b and i get the exact same error.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: XDAS installation on Identity Apps Server Failed

aortiz1 wrote:

> I've been having issues trying to install XDAS in my Identity
> Applications server running on a Redhat 7.3.


Can't help with your problem directly, but are you aware that XDAS will be
deprecated soon in Edir/IDM context and CEF is the way to go now? See
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm47/data/
releasenotes_idm47.html#uniform-auditing-identity-manager-47 for more info...

--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
aortiz1 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: XDAS installation on Identity Apps Server Failed

lhaeger;2488022 wrote:
aortiz1 wrote:

> I've been having issues trying to install XDAS in my Identity
> Applications server running on a Redhat 7.3.


Can't help with your problem directly, but are you aware that XDAS will be
deprecated soon in Edir/IDM context and CEF is the way to go now? See
https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm47/data/
releasenotes_idm47.html#uniform-auditing-identity-manager-47 for more info...

--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)


Thank you so much for your answer!
Yes i'm aware that XDAS will be deprecated but never the less i need it working in this particular client that needs auditing through XDAS until we migrate to IDM 4.7, according to the Novell Documentation this is a possible thing to do but i haven't been able to make it work.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: XDAS installation on Identity Apps Server Failed

On 2018-09-26 00:54, aortiz1 wrote:
>
> lhaeger;2488022 Wrote:
>> aortiz1 wrote:
>>
>>> I've been having issues trying to install XDAS in my Identity
>>> Applications server running on a Redhat 7.3.

>>
>> Can't help with your problem directly, but are you aware that XDAS will
>> be
>> deprecated soon in Edir/IDM context and CEF is the way to go now? See
>> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm47/data/
>> releasenotes_idm47.html#uniform-auditing-identity-manager-47 for more
>> info...
>>
>> --
>> http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/
>>
>> (If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)

>
> Thank you so much for your answer!
> Yes i'm aware that XDAS will be deprecated but never the less i need it
> working in this particular client that needs auditing through XDAS until
> we migrate to IDM 4.7, according to the Novell Documentation this is a
> possible thing to do but i haven't been able to make it work.


For eDirectory 9.0 you can use XDAS auditing as it is basically JSON
over Syslog. For all other components, stick with NAudit. That will give
you a much better quality in your audit events.


--
Norbert
--
Norbert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.