Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: XPATH query confusion

On 5/29/2019 15:13, Geoffrey Carman wrote:

<snip>

>
> It feels like this is on the wrong channel.  And should instead be on
> the Pub channel.
>
> In the response, if you query a group, and it comes back with members,
> they will be in the AD format, and if that user is not associated in
> eDir it will then be stripped from the document. Which you MIGHT want to
> block.  Which this rule and description probably would accomplish.
>
> BUt this is going the other direction.


For what it's worth, there's a similar rule in the ITP on the publisher
channel. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>
> You could solve this, by using the Resolve token to get the AD DN of the
> user (or just use DirXML-ADContext) as the value for the group member
> you are querying.
>


Using the DirXML-ADContext worked. I guess I was making this harder than
it needed to be.

Thanks


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: XPATH query confusion

>> You could solve this, by using the Resolve token to get the AD DN of
>> the user (or just use DirXML-ADContext) as the value for the group
>> member you are querying.
>>

>
> Using the DirXML-ADContext worked. I guess I was making this harder than
> it needed to be.


Invariably that is the case, we usually make it harder upon ourselves.

Seeing the simplicity amongst the trees is often the hardest part of
burning down the forest.


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: XPATH query confusion

Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> Seeing the simplicity amongst the trees is often the hardest part of burning
> down the forest.


Can I quote you on that?

--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: XPATH query confusion

On 5/30/2019 4:04 AM, Lothar Haeger wrote:
> Geoffrey Carman wrote:
>
>> Seeing the simplicity amongst the trees is often the hardest part of burning
>> down the forest.

>
> Can I quote you on that?


I was planning on getting a hat made with that saying. But sure, you
can have the European rights to it.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: XPATH query confusion

Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> But then you have a policy that removes it:


Good catch!
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.