Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
skoehler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

configure.sh: Use existing eDir instance, not create new one

Hi,
my environment:
eDir: 9.1.2 with custom tree structure (install-source: dl.netiq.com)
iMan 3.1.2 (install-source: dl.netiq.com)

all running nicely.

Now I want to install IDM (4.7.0.2 ISO-file with fixed installer), option 1,2,3 (IDM Engine, Remote Loader, Fan Out)
I created an idm-silent.properties file and set
INSTALL_IDVAULT='false' as it is already on the server.

./install.sh -s -f idm-silent.properties works almost fine
for others to find: novell-edirectory-xdaslog-conf >= 9.1.1 is needed by (installed) patterns-edirectory-9.1.2-8.x86_64)
=> that's because eDir 9.1.2 depends on novell-edirectory-xdaslog-conf-9.1.1-0.noarch whereas the IDM 4.7.0.2 installer wants to "upgrade" to novell-edirectory-xdaslog-conf-9.1.0-0.noarch.rpm
but installer didn't mess up, so that's OK.

./configure.sh -s -f idm-silent.properties returns error
Error: Port 524(for ID_VAULT_NCP_PORT) is already in use. Use a different port.

This is obvious, as the existing tree using port 524 and I DON'T WANT TO CREATE A NEW INSTANCE!

But how to tell the configure.sh not to create a new eDirectory instance? I guess I have to set the parameter

###
# Indicates whether it is for a new tree or an existing tree.
###
TREE_CONFIG='existingtreelocal'

to something else (supported values? no idea...) or twist one of the many parameters like

###
# NCP port
###
ID_VAULT_EXISTING_NCP_PORT='true'

(what does true and false mean in this context?)

I had a look at https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/setup_linux/data/understanding-the-config-parameters.html but the page doesn't help to understand... (neither the Parameter (in correct form) nor the possible values are listed!)

Any input on that would help.

Thanks
Steffen
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
skoehler Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: configure.sh: Use existing eDir instance, not create new

Hi, I tried to install on another (empty) server and catched the following line from the log. That does the trick:

./IDM/configure.sh -s -f /root/idm-silent.properties -log /var/opt/netiq/idm/log/idmconfigure.log -wci -typical -comp ENGINE -wci

Not sure if this is a supported way to go but it does

Extending Identity Manager schema
Adding NMAS method ChallengeResponse.
Adding NMAS method SAML.
Importing ldif file

Looks fine to me, though. Maybe it will help someone to get along.
Steffen
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Thanks for the followup, Steffen. This new install.sh / configure.sh process seems like it could use a lot more documentation, and it doesn't seem to handle fairly common situations all that well. Looks like we're going to have some growing pains with it.
0 Likes
Dieseloreo Contributor.
Contributor.

se the ./configure in the IDM/IDM folder and not the base IDM folder 🙂

0 Likes
Dieseloreo Contributor.
Contributor.

that's "use" not se
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.