rrawson Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

escalation in error when it should just send a reminder notification

IDM 4.6.2 UA 4.6.4 enginne

We have just stood up a solution in production which has what I would describe as a create rule on steroids. It checks the user being created, if they do not have the required credentials for their particular job role (we have a mapping table of these) it launches a PRD which has an approval task asking the requestor for the missing mandatory attributes. Live since Sunday, all good so far.

Designer_Properties_issue.png

My intent with the above configuration was that the user would receive a reminder message after 1 day, and then for 4 more days, and then on day 5 the approval was escalated to the requestors mananger, who got the reminder on a similar schedule, then after 10 days we time-out the PRD (the workflow opens a ServiceNow ticket for the requestor then and sends them an eMail with the ticket number and forwards the PRD to the security team to resolve).

My problem is that the PRD is going to the user and then being escalated to the manager after just 1 day. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Rob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: escalation in error when it should just send a reminder notification

Rob,

I do not have any reports of this issue. If necessary, could you please open a service request to troubleshoot the issue and defect if necessary.

0 Likes
rrawson Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

We worked around this issue. The problem was in IDM 4.6.2 so it's beyond it's support window.

0 Likes
FT Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

It seems like parameters specified in the picture aren't really for what you described as goal. I believe you will get that when:

Escalation Count = 1

Escalation Interval = 5 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000

Timeout = 10

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.