Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

how to change the scope or base dn in LDAP Driver Query

We are migrating users from one eDir to other eDir, for this we configured LDAP Driver.

When we try LDAP Driver's "Migrate into Identity Vault" from iManager, it execute a query as given below

<nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">
<source>
<product edition="Advanced" version="4.7.3.0">DirXML</product>
<contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
</source>
<input>
<query class-name="User" scope="subtree">
<search-class class-name="User"/>
<search-attr attr-name="Internet EMail Address">
<value>*</value>
</search-attr>
</query>
</input>
</nds>

I want to defined base container or scope into that query "ou=people,ou=AM,o=mycompany", so this query will pull only that container Users. How we can achieve that?

I am using IDM 4.7.3 and eDir 9.1.4.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Use Console2 from Alekz in these forums (http://sneakycat.biz) and then submit the XDS query doc you need.

Use dxcmd to do the same thing withoout a pretty GUI to make it easier.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

LDAP driver seems like the wrong tool for the job, but have you tried setting the driver.ldap.base.container GCV to the base you want to use?
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I'm not sure, what result, that you want to get.

Do you want to "copy" all users to the new tree?
Is it "new" production tree or you trying to create new QA environment?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.