Captain
Captain

how to process the driver cache manually.

Hi Everyone,
In our environment, we have multiple drivers which are connecting with other systems.
1.edir to edir
2.loopback driver
3.soap driver.
etc..
if any of the drivers gets down and non-functional, the cache builds up in the driver, what we need to do it we have to delete all the cache and restart the driver. which results in the data lost.
Queries:-
1. is there any mechanism in the driver we can get the cached data to be processed manually using TAO file?
2.is there any way we can get to know what all events have generated in the last n hour and pull the data again?
3. can the migrate into the vault option help to get the last modified data?

9 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

You can export the cache from dxcmd, and then dump it back when the driver is running.

But, I'd try to find out why you would need to clear the cache after a restart, as that should normally not be necessary.

Captain
Captain

can  you tell me the export command  in dxcmd.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

dxcmd

-> 3. Driver Operations (select driver)

-> 2. Stop driver (if running)

-> 14. Cache Operations

-> 3. View cached transactions (will ask for output file)

-> 99.

-> 5. Set Driver Start options -> Disable

-> 5. Set Driver Start options -> Manuel/Auto -> do not resync

-> 9. Submit XDS event document to driver (or is it 8. ... can’t remember).

That should be it.

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Naeemjmi,
1. When the driver started again, it continues process events from TAO file (in theory, you not supposed to lose any events).
2. For manipulations with driver cache (and many other things) I can recommend to use C2 app (Thank you to Aleks for his great work!)

https://www.sneakycat.biz/features/
Export the driver cache to an XML file
Submit XML documents using the XDS vocabulary to a drivers subscriber channel
Submit XDS to command transformation
Submit XDS to event transformation
Submit XDS to the driver cache

Export the driver cache to file, you can then edit it and use the *Send XDS to IDM* function to re-import it

In theory, these options available thru API or thru DXCMD, but C2 provides nice user-friendly GUI interface, that "hide" complexity from the user

Knowledge Partner

I agree with Alex.  Use Console2 from Alekz.  Totally worth the cost (he wants to see you donate some money somewhere, charity-ware).

Beyond this one function it does so much, you will use it every day if you work on IDM.

The export will be one large file.  With C2 you can paste in one event at at time. Or the entire file.  Easy GUI to use as welel.

Admiral
Admiral

@al_b, for this, I'd give him the link to the free version of Console2 (https://community.microfocus.com/t5/eDirectory-Tips-Information/Console2-v2-7/ta-p/1773198) - having to pay 100$ for a probably one time use, is a bit much.

Also using dxcmd isn't that difficult.

Knowledge Partner

@naeemjmi wrote:

...if any of the drivers gets down and non-functional...

In what way do your drivers "go down and non-functional"?

...we have to delete all the cache...

Why would you have to do that and not just restart the driver so it continues processing where it stopped earlier?

some time driver does not come up until we delete the cache, 

can you tell me how to bring the system in sync after deleting cache

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

In general, you should look at the event that is stuck, and consider why it is killing the driver.

As a first pass, do not disable/reenable to delete cache (or delete all cache), instead delete the event at the top of the queue. (First event that seems to be causing issues).

You really should resolve WHY that is breaking the driver. Sometimes reference objects were deleted and it cannot complete and maybe you have a retry in there. Lots of possible reasons.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.