Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
215 views

iManager Workflow Login Issues


I am unable to login to view the status of Workflows in iManager.

I am using iManager 2.77
I am using 4.0.2 Patch D of the UserApp
I followed the readme on the Patch and have copied the Jar files to both
the engine and iManager and restarted eDirectory and iManager.
When I do a dstrace looking at LDAP activity I see

"Failed to authenticate local on connection 0xdb23c00, err = failed
authentication (-669)
Server: mine"

I went into iManager and deleted The file is
%TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\nps\WEB-INF\iMKS and restarted it.

When I attempt to login I do not get any other errors although after a
long time it sometimes produces a timeout error. The LDAP error above is
repeated as it tries to login and fails. I am going in as my Portal
Admin and the username and password work fine in the UserApp. They also
work fine in LDAP tools.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Steven Tharp


--
stharp
------------------------------------------------------------------------
stharp's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2709
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50193

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iManager Workflow Login Issues

You might want to check the JBoss server.log for error messages - I've
seen similar cases where suspected CSRF (Cross site Request Forgery) was
listed in the server.log and the session was closed.

Anything of interest in your log?

Wolfgang


On 06.03.2014 17:45, stharp wrote:
>
> I am unable to login to view the status of Workflows in iManager.
>
> I am using iManager 2.77
> I am using 4.0.2 Patch D of the UserApp
> I followed the readme on the Patch and have copied the Jar files to both
> the engine and iManager and restarted eDirectory and iManager.
> When I do a dstrace looking at LDAP activity I see
>
> "Failed to authenticate local on connection 0xdb23c00, err = failed
> authentication (-669)
> Server: mine"
>
> I went into iManager and deleted The file is
> %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\nps\WEB-INF\iMKS and restarted it.
>
> When I attempt to login I do not get any other errors although after a
> long time it sometimes produces a timeout error. The LDAP error above is
> repeated as it tries to login and fails. I am going in as my Portal
> Admin and the username and password work fine in the UserApp. They also
> work fine in LDAP tools.
>
> Anyone have any ideas ?
>
> Steven Tharp
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iManager Workflow Login Issues


There is nothing in server.log it as if it never makes it there when it
fails on the login request.

Steven Tharp


wschreiber;241721 Wrote:
> You might want to check the JBoss server.log for error messages - I've
> seen similar cases where suspected CSRF (Cross site Request Forgery)
> was
> listed in the server.log and the session was closed.
>
> Anything of interest in your log?
>
> Wolfgang
>
>
> On 06.03.2014 17:45, stharp wrote:
> >
> > I am unable to login to view the status of Workflows in iManager.
> >
> > I am using iManager 2.77
> > I am using 4.0.2 Patch D of the UserApp
> > I followed the readme on the Patch and have copied the Jar files to

> both
> > the engine and iManager and restarted eDirectory and iManager.
> > When I do a dstrace looking at LDAP activity I see
> >
> > "Failed to authenticate local on connection 0xdb23c00, err = failed
> > authentication (-669)
> > Server: mine"
> >
> > I went into iManager and deleted The file is
> > %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\nps\WEB-INF\iMKS and restarted it.
> >
> > When I attempt to login I do not get any other errors although after

> a
> > long time it sometimes produces a timeout error. The LDAP error above

> is
> > repeated as it tries to login and fails. I am going in as my Portal
> > Admin and the username and password work fine in the UserApp. They

> also
> > work fine in LDAP tools.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas ?
> >
> > Steven Tharp
> >
> >



--
stharp
------------------------------------------------------------------------
stharp's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2709
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50193

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iManager Workflow Login Issues

On 03/07/2014 01:56 PM, stharp wrote:
>
> There is nothing in server.log it as if it never makes it there when it
> fails on the login request.
>
> Steven Tharp
>
>
> wschreiber;241721 Wrote:
>> You might want to check the JBoss server.log for error messages - I've
>> seen similar cases where suspected CSRF (Cross site Request Forgery)
>> was
>> listed in the server.log and the session was closed.
>>
>> Anything of interest in your log?
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>>
>> On 06.03.2014 17:45, stharp wrote:
>>>
>>> I am unable to login to view the status of Workflows in iManager.
>>>
>>> I am using iManager 2.77
>>> I am using 4.0.2 Patch D of the UserApp
>>> I followed the readme on the Patch and have copied the Jar files to

>> both
>>> the engine and iManager and restarted eDirectory and iManager.
>>> When I do a dstrace looking at LDAP activity I see
>>>
>>> "Failed to authenticate local on connection 0xdb23c00, err = failed
>>> authentication (-669)
>>> Server: mine"
>>>
>>> I went into iManager and deleted The file is
>>> %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\nps\WEB-INF\iMKS and restarted it.
>>>
>>> When I attempt to login I do not get any other errors although after

>> a
>>> long time it sometimes produces a timeout error. The LDAP error above

>> is
>>> repeated as it tries to login and fails. I am going in as my Portal
>>> Admin and the username and password work fine in the UserApp. They

>> also
>>> work fine in LDAP tools.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any ideas ?
>>>
>>> Steven Tharp
>>>
>>>

>
>

Greetings,
Are you sure that the URL and port are correct? Exist iManager and
then come in again. Go the Workflow plugin and look at the URL it shows
when you need to supply the Provisioning Administrator's ID and Password.

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iManager Workflow Login Issues


Steven Williams you nailed it it was showing the old port not the 8180
and the switch made it login instantly.

A++

Steven Tharp


--
stharp
------------------------------------------------------------------------
stharp's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=2709
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50193

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.