Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

iManager docker deployment

HI all,

I recently decided to deploy iManager 3.2.4 as a docker container and stumbled on the following issue I believe is a SW bug:

• After starting the iManager for the first time and performing some "Look and Feel" configurations changes I went on to restart the container.
  • As expected, the config.xml file was copied into the docker volume.
  • I now perform some other "Look and Feel" configuration changes like "Left Color" and "Right Color" and precede to restart the iManager once more.
  • To my surprise the recent "Look and Fell" changes didn't persist!

A close look at the backup-config-data.sh script, that is located under /opt/novell/iManagher/bin/, shows that the copy command for files is performed with the no-clobber parameter (line 24: cp -np $src $dst.).

This will hider the copy command from overwriting the existing configuration files.

I believe the no-clobber parameter is wrong here because I would like my configuration changes to always be saved when the container is stopped or restarted.

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.