Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jdbc driver publisher startup java.io.EOFException

Hi,

We have experienced this issue before on previous jdbc driver instances but the suggested fixes on other forums does not seem to work in this case.

Our mysql database has been migrated to a new datacentre and the connection parameters on the driver have been updated. Its been verified that the network is open, and the DB is able to be contacted.

Below is a link to the full level 3 start-up trace.

https://pastebin.com/KX0wnRQT

I have disabled the driver, cleared the cache and set it to not do a re-sync on startup.
I have also deleted all the relevant jdbc_GUID values from the DIB folder:

-rw------- 1 root root 33104 Apr 25 14:40 jdbc_98104ba6-806f-4f05-b096-a64b10986f80
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Apr 25 14:40 jdbc_98104ba6-806f-4f05-b096-a64b10986f80.p
-rw------- 1 root root 5168 Apr 25 14:40 jdbc_98104ba6-806f-4f05-b096-a64b10986f80.p.1.bak
-rw------- 1 root root 16 Apr 25 14:40 jdbc_98104ba6-806f-4f05-b096-a64b10986f80.t.1.bak

I have also re-started eDirectory but the same error remains in the startup log.

There is no DirXML-DriverStorage attribute on any of the servers in the tree.

Please can anyone give any ideas as to what we can do to re-connect the driver to the database? I've been assured that the database is exactly the same as it was before the migration.

Thanks
John
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Do you have any other files with the GUID in the name?

Also, have you considered using a Remote Loader (RL) for these types of
things? That's generally a good idea for anything possible and one side
benefit is it keeps the files separate from the DIB which is good to avoid
running out of space (the DIB does not like that) as well as to spread the
load, potentially, across filesystems or disks.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below.

If you want to send me a private message, please let me know in the
forum as I do not use the web interface often.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks AB.

No the only files with the guild in the name I deleted. There are other jdbc files there but with different GUiD values.

Once this is resolved we will implement an RL but the current priority is to get the driver started.

We have also checked disk space and here is plenty of room so a bit stuck.

Would any database changes cause his type of error?

Thanks
John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.