Hello! I have when using the Russian language. When I set up a sequential role approval process, the approver form displays incorrectly encoded text. In iManager, the srvprvJSONData form attribute is also encoded with an error. If I correct, then it does not allow to save. How to fix it?
I believe that I have a quick (dirty), but a working solution for you. 🙂
IManager "corrupt" data format, when he tried save data (even, when you change nothing), but you can do it thru LDAP. 🙂
I used Apache LDAP Studio.
Find Role Approval Form object (cn=Role Approval Form,cn=WorkflowApprovalForms,cn=WorkflowForms,cn=AppConfig,cn=UserApplication,cn=driverset1,o=system), Edit Value for srvprvJSONData attribute , Save Data ...
I saved value of this attribute to the text file.
"Corrected" corrupted words in the good text editor. (I used Notepad ++, NPP).
Load this updated file with Apache Load Data.
iMonitor shows correct string value after update.
My way is an "unsupported way" and you have to follow official support instructions.
Source of the issue is "incorrect" code page (for the Russian words) in "original" srvprvJSONData NetIQ attribute
I can expect UTF-8 (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>)
Most Linux's files are in UTF-8 by default. UTF-8 encoding system is backwards compatible with ASCII. (meaning: If a file only contain characters of ASCII, then encoding the file using UTF-8 results the same byte sequence as using ASCII as encoding scheme.)
UTF-16 is another coding system from Unicode. With UTF-16, every char is encoded into 2 or more bytes, and commonly used characters in Unicode are exactly 2 bytes. For Asian languages containing lots of Chinese characters, such as Chinese and Japanese, UTF-16 creates smaller file size.
What "default" codepage set on your server, that hosted your app?
In my "Resource Approval Form" file, the srvprvJSONData attribute does not have a field that specifies the file encoding. This is what the beginning of the file looks like.
Another "stupid" question, but maybe to will help to understand your issue.
1. What is your server platform and localization settings on the server?
2. What is your clients/workstations platforms and localization settings on the client?
3. If your client platform is Windows, what is your Windows Display Language and Administrative Language settings (Control Panel->Language->Administrative Language Settings->Language for non-Unicode programs?
(my suspicious, that "Language for non-Unicode programs" set incorrectly.
1. My server side is installed on SUSE Linux 12sp4, localization is ru_RU.UTF-8. 2. The client part is installed on Windows 10, Russian localization. 3. Windows Display Language and Administrative Language is installed - Russian. It is strange that this error only occurs with standard Approval Forms (Role Approval, Resources Approval, SOD Conflict, Help-desk Approval). If I create my own forms, then everything shows well.
It doesn't look like developer, who created this Russian version of standard Approval Forms has properly configured localization in his development environment.
You can create ticket with support and report about potential bug.
Thank you for the confirmation!
Now you have 2 options (that can go in parallel):
1. Open support ticket
2. Create your own version of srvprvJSONData file with "corrected" spelling and "replace" original NetIQ file.