wferguson Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

password expiration notification job not showing results found in trace

Jump to solution

I have setup a password expiration notification job in iManager on the driver set, and it runs fine. I am testing in QA and have setup the trace and I know it should be finding at least one user that I have configured for the job to find (I confirmed this by running the same ldap query in my ldap browser), but yet the trace only shows the following. Will the job trace 'not' show the users it found?

[01/21/20 15:53:55.794]:Detect users whose password will soon expire JT:: Check Password Expiration Job, version 4.5.0.0
[01/21/20 15:53:55.795]:Detect users whose password will soon expire JT:: Checking configuration...
[01/21/20 15:53:55.817]:Detect users whose password will soon expire JT:: Beginning execution...
[01/21/20 15:53:55.818]:Detect users whose password will soon expire JT:: LDAP search parameters:
base: ou=blah,o=blah
filter: (&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(&(passwordExpirationTime>=20200220050000Z)(passwordExpirationTime<=20200221050000Z)))
attrs: mail passwordExpirationTime cn
[01/21/20 15:53:56.953]:Detect users whose password will soon expire JT:
Job Final result -------------------
Job: \blah\blah\blah\blahNotification
[01/21/20 15:53:56.953]:Detect users whose password will soon expire JT:Worker thread for job '\blah\blah\blah\blahNotification' exiting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: password expiration notification job not showing results found in trace

Jump to solution

Discovered that the account I was running the job as, did not have necessary eDirectory rights to query the attributes. I discovered this by running the job as an eDIrectory admin to troubleshoot, and it then found the users I expected it too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi 

It depends on your trace level, but if I remember correctly, it supposes to put found users to nodeset.

For QA environment, you can get good results, if together with DirXML trace, you will enable LDAP trace.

LDAP trace will show all found users in own (human-friendly) way

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have the trace at a level 5 but it does not show found users. Could you provide any information on the LDAP trace you are referring too please?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Discovered that the account I was running the job as, did not have necessary eDirectory rights to query the attributes. I discovered this by running the job as an eDIrectory admin to troubleshoot, and it then found the users I expected it too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
Great work! Thank you for reporting back about the resolution!
LDAP trace: if you use iMonitor for quick troubleshooting, you can enable DS Trace options LDAP and DirXML Drivers together. It will help you to see the exact situation from both ends.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.