Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

schema map attribute from policy

Need to schema map from policy, have attribute names in eDir space, but query towards target system should be initiated from ITP (tail end of subscriber process).

Was sure that this was either an enhancement request or actually added somewhere. Was it in the JARs shipped with REST shim? (not using that shim.. but seem to recall something there).

Anyone got ideas?
Happy to also inject some sort of event that goes further into 

Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: schema map attribute from policy

Read Schema Mapping into nodeset Variable and xpath edir to app namespace?

That doesn't work if you have DirXML-Script schma mapping policies doing all kinds of funky stuff!

I am going to try a non-schema mapping reliant approach first.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Ok. I have found a “cleaner” solution.

Reacting to status+add assoc in subscriber ITP and want to do stuff in IDC on another object using data in the object in target system I just created.

A lot of the input to what I want to do is predefined in an XML where attributes are written in eDir.

So what I did was created a sync event from the add association and tagged it appropriately. This passes into publisher policies but still part of subscriber thread.
Did all processing in pub-etp (edir namespace) and vetoed sync afterwards.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Are you talking about "conditional" schema mapping? (like in GroupWise driver)

Read schema to the nodeset still one of the best options (if you don't want to maintain attributes list in the special mapping table object). 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I haven’t tried it but this java class might do the trick:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/developer/dirxml/dirxmlbk/ref/javadocs/com/novell/nds/dirxml/shimhost/NameMap.html
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Keep us updated about your development...

This is interesting, that the number of folks working on a different flavor of this issue: what is the most effective way to get from the policy info about attribute specification and make an informed decision about required transformation.

My question in another thread (https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Identity-Manager-User/Q-Get-sizing-information-from-schema/td-p/2697257) also "indirectly"  related to your question. 🙂

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Rename Operation Attribute?

For each a GCV of attributes that need to be remapped, stored as Attr1:Attr2

Split $current-node using substring-before and -after the colon and then if op attr $BEFORE$ availabile, rename op attr $BEFORE$ to $AFTER$

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.