Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Top 10 things that are going to rock the world of compliance archiving! (Part 2)

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
0 0 527

Concluding my previous blog, let me present the second five things that are driving change in the world of compliance archiving.  In the last blog I covered:

1. Evolving control
  2. Unification
  3. Data sharing
  4. Growth in volume
  5. Enrichment

archive.jpg

Here are the next five:

1. Analytical: We use data better (search, reduce and understand) when we can analyse it. We are most defiantly in the age of Big Data Analytics.  This starts to create the capability to meet the use cases for value extraction which follow.
  2. Learning: If we are in the age of Big Data, we are moving rapidly into the age of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). We will learn more about the data aided by machine learning.
  3. Visual: Some of us like to consume text data, others tabular data, but the idiom “A picture is worth a thousand words” is probably surpassed by “A (good) visualisation is worth a Giga byte”. In order for us to understand the volume of data we possess, we need to be able to work, understand and typically visualise it.  This might be as interactive displays or even virtual [1] and augmented reality [2].  Where is my HoloLens[3]?  It will certainly include better, more flexible and intuitive reporting and viewing of data.
  4. Human centric: The human, the information worker, will be put back at the heart of the process.  AI and robotics will remove much of the tedious work and augment human decision making.  This will all be built around the human user and consumer of the data we archive.
  5. Valuable: There is a new imperative for compliance archiving.  In addition to the regulatory needs as the cost of meeting that imperative mounts and competition inevitably squeezes margins, companies are going to ask “If I have to hold this data, is there a business value in it?”.  There is!  Already we are seeing the use of analytic enrichment, and machine learning helping process such as message supervision become much more efficient, but we will see use cases aimed at fraud detection, cost reduction and cost avoidance driven by the above changes. We will also see “top side” benefits driving revenue growth and revenue protection.

At the risk of repeating myself, compliant archiving sits at the exciting nexus of regulation, analytics, machine learning and business strategy.  We are in for an exciting future!

[1] Virtual Reality Applications Expand : Imaging: Technology Is Finding Important Places in Medicine, Engineering and Many Other Realms – LA Times., accessed February 7, 2018, http://articles.latimes.com/1995-02-22/business/fi-34851_1_virtual-reality.

[2] “Augmented Reality: Definition of Augmented Reality in Oxford Dictionary (American English) (US),” Www.oxforddictionaries.com, accessed February 7, 2018, http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/augmented-reality.

[3] “Microsoft HoloLens,” 2018, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.