Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

We’re updating our privacy policy

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
0 0 1,801

How many emails have you received lately with, “We’re updating our privacy policy” in the subject line? I know that I’ve received several in the past week. That can only mean one thing – the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) deadline is close at hand. In fact, less than a month away – 25 May, 2018.

We’re updating our privacy policy sq.jpgBut since I am an American, living in the United States, why I am I getting these privacy policy notifications? It’s simple, really. Companies with citizens in both the European Union as well as around the world, aren’t necessarily going to have different privacy policies, systems, and procedures based on a person’s geographical location. It would be difficult to manage as well as costly. Therefore, those of us in the US are actually benefitting from the GDPR personal data protections for EU citizens.

Many multinational companies have been preparing for GDPR for quite a while and many more are still just getting started. Some are updating their policies, as I’ve seen from the recent influx of emails, and others are taking stock of their technology to ensure it will help them with their GDPR compliance. Knowing how to get started and where you should concentrate your efforts can sometimes be difficult and a bit overwhelming. However, we have broken it down into eight use cases that can help you examine your GDPR effectiveness, and of course, we have software solutions to help with your compliance readiness as well. Additionally, we’ve created a Technology Readiness Assessment that can also help you pinpoint the areas you need to concentrate on first.

According to PwC ‘Technology is the missing link to GDPR compliance’. Businesses will need to re-examine how they approach the use of technology in their organizations. We have eight webinars, one for each use-case, to help you identify technology that will enable you to comply with the GDPR. You can watch our Countdown to GDPR Webinar Series here. I recommend that you begin with Joe Garber’s webinar on Best practices for mapping technology use cases to GDPR as it will set the framework for the rest of the series.

About the Author
Information Governance, eDiscovery, Legal Technology, Product Marketing, Solutions Marketing
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.