Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
josh.larkins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Management Center feedback?

Anyone gotten Management Center yet? I've read the docs, I'm curious to hear from any users / how different is it from just mapping all your Connector Appliances into one. Or is that really all it is?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Vini Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Management Center feedback?

Managing groups and permissions seems to be another one of its key features.

0 Likes
deathbywedgie1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

It's a great deal more than that, though we haven't started the product eval here yet, so I can't tell you exactly how much more or how well it works.

In theory, ArcMC is supposedly going to be able to allow you to create define "standard" configurations and not only push them to agents but also detect what agents currently differ from the standard. It's designed to help improve consistency in your environment and not just deliver changes as you try to push them. It also managed ESM managers and Loggers in various ways, although it's been made clear that this is version 1.0 and has limited functionality right now. (Many improvements coming, I'm told. )

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I was under the impression from the documents that it only dealt with Loggers and ConnApps, not the ESM. Maybe I misread it. I look forward to your review when you get your POC.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. DanyK7 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi

We had it for a few weeks now after running a

Version 1 does not support ESM yet, only loggers and connector Appliances and remote SmartConnector.

Its a release 1, functionnal but lots of display problem, for example the "Next" button so far left you think the panel didnt show the button at all. Nothing unusable, cosmetic mostly.

We bought it to manage a lot of remote Smarts and a few loggers. It has the standard panels just like a ConnApp then Specific config rule you can apply. For example, in a smart you want to make sure parameter x is always to a certain value, you can build a rule and apply it to all smarts attached to it.

We initially installed it, left it alone for a few weeks and when we really needed it, last week, it was crashed and would not restart. Havent had time to figure out why, it will have to wait until january as we are deploying ESM 6.5 and upgrading our entire hardware infrastructure for arcsight.

We felt it was a better platform for managing remote smarts than a connector appliance, specially in the long run.

Bottom line, before it crashed, it seemed pretty goood for a V1.

Best regards,

Dany

Absent Member.

We're implementing next week. I'll report back once I've spent some time with it.

0 Likes
markcarlo21 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Good Day!

Can you send me the link for Management Console datasheet or related documents?

Thank you,

Carlo

0 Likes
Absent Member.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.