New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ArcSight Help for a Beginner

Hello ArcSight Community! 

I am fairly new to ArcSight and any SIEM tool for that matter. I would like to have some good beginners guidance that I may read to help familiarize myself with ArcSight or any SIEM architecture . Any other references or anything that I may use that could really help a beginner grasp ArcSight would be wonderful. Anything helps, so please post your recommendations. Appreciate the help

-Abe

Labels (7)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The ESM 101 guide is a great place to start.  This will give you a basic understanding of all the different types of resources in ESM.  You can find this reference by either hitting F1 while in the console or by going to Help > Browse Documentation.  The link to the ESM 101 pdf is on the right hand side of the window that pops up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

To be fair, unlike a lot of help guides the ArcSight 101 is fairly good. Would definately say worth a read

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.