New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Best way to filter servers in both reports in Active Channel and reports

I have Unix syslogs coming into one connector.

I am using ESM 3.5

For a report, I would like to list the logins of about 70 servers and exclude about 10.

For this I tried to use NOT an Active List but am not sure that is workable, as it sometimes appears to ignore the list.

For the Active Channel, the console specifically told me not to use an Active List, but using "destination host name <> X" slows the active channel to a crawl.

Any suggestions?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The best way to do this is create an active list (fields based), with a single column being "server host name" or something similar. Then add all the servers that you would like to see into that report. Then when you create the query, just include the AL and that the hosts must exist in there.

For a channel you can not use AL's. The best there would be to create a filter with the hostnames that you want to see and then add that filter to the channel. If it's taking a long time, then you may want to consider if there is another way to search for these hosts, like do they all fall into a sequential IP range.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.