Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CANNOT Connect with Multi-Site 64 bit MS-SQL to MS-SQL DB 2008 R2

CANNOT Connect with Multi-Site 64 bit MS-SQL to MS-SQL DB 2008 R2

keep getting No suitable driver found for jdbc:jtds:sqlserve:/X.X.X.:1433/DatabaseName

and also not to forget Unable to detect database version.Tried version {MS SQL Sefver 2005/2008/2012 ERROR:No suitable driver......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MSSQL JDBC: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724.aspx

MySQL JDBC: MySQL :: Download Connector/J

(you need to locate the .jar file from the above install)

Have you placed the correct JDBC .jar file in $smartconnector_home/current/user/agent/lib/ folder?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, JDBC (v.4) driver could be an issue also use the most recent version of SmartConnector agent.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A mysql driver will work for MS-SQL db?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does 7.0.3.X not have this issue?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tim,

I apologize I misread. Use a MSSQL driver.

Below is where you can download the MSSQL driver.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724.aspx

Sometimes my eyes get a little crossed.

I have attached the mssql driver I am using.

-Edit-

The Url I used looks like this:

jdbc:sqlserver://FQDN:PORT;DatabaseName=DB

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Having the same issue. We are suspecting a permissions issue with the DB account we are using?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If running on windows you will have to use integrated authentication and run the connector as the user that you are using to connect to the db.

There have also been some issues with java that broke the MSSQL driver, I struggled with it for a while just to find out that I had to use an older version of java. I don't have the version here to post now.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our issue has been resolved. We found that encryption was enabled on the db which was resetting our connection when trying to verify database version.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.