Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Connector Appliance manual time setup

The Connector Appliance is 10 hours ahead of the correct time .

I restarted NTP service , however the correction is too slow .

Can I manually set the time ? what are the side effects as i get this warning :

WARNING: If you must configure system time locally, DO NOT modify it after it has been initially set. Events are time stamped using system time. Therefore, modifying system time can result in unpredictable behavior on your system, and may lead to data integrity issues.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Maged,

Yes you may manually set the system time. It would hardly impact anything if it  is S/W appliance but in case of Hardware appliance it may apply new time stamp on the logs that may receive after time change

Manoj S.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.