Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Custom columns in report queries

Is it possible to select user defined custom columns when building a query structure? I see variables but not custom columns. Thanks.

Mark

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey ibmros,

If i get you right, u wanna be able to build a report based on columns customized and names by you...

you can do it using varibles, by the `substring` function.

you should choose the field u want to be named differernt in "field", start index should be 0 and end index should be -1.

this will generate a new column.

in order to base the report with your brand new column, don`t forget to select and insert them in the "field" tab (in query editor) from the "varibles" tree.

hoped i was helpful.

Happy new year.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking to add a custom column to a query. In the console window if you right click on one of the fields in the field set and go to edit custom columns you can define columns based on values from standard columns. It appears however that custom columns cannot be included in queries.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.