Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Does anyone having calculation sheet of EPS

Hi All,

Am looking for calculation sheet of EPS, storage and devices.

like network devices xxx router/switch will produce xxx eps and require xxx storage for retention period of xxx days.

Can anyone in this forum able to help me to get this information or guide me to this.

Thanks

Regards,

Ismail

0 Likes
21 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Hi Ismail.

ArcSight had some documents (xls) for calculating summary EPS and required devices. I don't know if it is some documents for current version of HW.

But you need information about typical EPS for specific devices, what isn't possible at all. Every device type can generate variable EPS based on it's function and configuration. Firewall in perimeter can generate few hundred EPS, same firewall type in local area can generate few EPS.

What you need for implementation is analyze current EPS of all devices and than calculate required storage and retention.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Odzgan,

Thanks for your reply,

am just looking generic documents, since one of our client has asked to share the Low level design of ArcSight architecture, he has mentioned the number of devices count, like 5 juniper firewalls, 2 Cisco ASA, 20 Oracle/SQL Database servers, 4 Juniper IDP, 1 Juniper NSM, 20 Windows servers (OS level monitoring), 10 linux machine, 2 proxy servers. Since these are all standard ones,not customised devices, he has not given the eps count, he is insisted to prepare the ArcSight architecture with 1 year retention of logs.

Am just furious how to calculate the eps count now and how to get the storage configuration to store 1 year retention of logs.

If you dont mind pls do share the documents (xls) for calculating EPS and storage which you have for your verion of HW.

Regards,

Ismail

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Your customer have bad meaning about standard. Standard is common OS type OK, but standard isn't in EPS. Some Windows server in specific configuration (about 1000 users) can generete 100 EPS, but other (with 100 users) only 10 EPS and so on. Not good configured IPS/IDS devices can produce few hundred EPS, better configured about 10 EPS. You can try calculating from ArcSight specific numbers, but I mean you can have very different numbers in real customer environment.

Try this documents:

https://protect724.arcsight.com/docs/DOC-2039

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Odzgan,

Thanks for sharing, really appreicate your thoughts, i felt the same..

How ever when i open the document am unable to view, its saying " Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here. "

Regards,

Ismail

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Odzgan,

I am unable to access the docs you shared. Can you please re-share or mail them to me?

Regards

Pradeep Karavadi

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

It is not my documents. It was shared by Fabian Libeau and for me link are working without problem.

I try write by hand the URL:

Can you access the document from this link ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, I am not able to access them.

I am attaching the screen shot. Is it possible for you to share the docs via email? or attachment in this message?protect 724 error.png

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Odzgan,

Can you please share both the documents via mail shariffismail115@gmail.com or upload in your profile documents folder.

ArcSight Appliance Sizing Calculator - OUT OF DATA as of 10/2011

Regards,

Ismail

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi guys,

those documents are confidential and for HP ArcSight Channel Partners only. That is why some of you don't have access.

Andreas

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Andreas,

Is there anyway the docs can be accessed?

Thanks

Biswa

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Last time I checked the calculators were only available to HP ArcSight employees and partners.  Can we help you with an EPS sizing request?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.