Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Migrate Logs from Arcsight Express to Arcsight ESM

Hi All,

I am looking any help/case studies/documents on how to migrate logs form Arcsight express to Arcsight ESM.

I am working on an opportunity where customer wants to upgrade from Express to ESM. Need to suggest upgrade methodology. Please help.

Regards

Pradeep Karavadi

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

an option would always be to let the two ESM run parallel for your Online Retention Period. For that you would have to configure 2 Destinations on each Connector/Logger.

I don't know about the technical possibility of a real DB migration, I think ArcSight Professional Services offers something similar with their Migration from ESM 5.x to ESM 6 - maybe they have something equal for Express to ESM.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the info.

Even if I direct the connector to both Express and ESM, at the end of the day when I decomission Express, how do I import the Express old logs into ESM.

I was referring to "Resource Migration to CORR-Engine" doc where there is good guidance in exporting ESM DB (oracle) to Express CORR (MySQL).

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.