Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Upgrade from ArcSight 4.5 to 6

Hi,

I would like to know how to upgrade form ArcSight 4.5 to 6. What are the possible options.

What is the procedure.

Kindly share any Docuemtns, Case Studies, Artifacts etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Pradeep Karavadi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

it's pretty simple to answer actually:

a) Take ArcSight professional Services

b) Let the 4.5 and the new 6.0 System run parallel and the Connector dualfeed for atleast your Online Retention period

Just a rough overview, do your business case and see what is cheaper in the end.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logically, If I were to do an Upgrade from 4.5, what is the update path. eg. From 4.5 do I do a upgrade to 5, then 5.5 and then 6?

0 Likes

5.5 and below is intended for those who have Oracle database Installation. 6.0 is CORR Engine Only. You cannot upgrade to 6.0. You will be able to migrate your uses cases but your data cannot be migrated.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.