New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

How to correctly move the databases Arcsight ESM 6.0?

1. How to correctly move the databases Arcsight ESM 6.0 from the old server to the new one?

2. How to correctly move a database server Arcsight ESM 6.0 server Arcsight ESM 6.5?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

What exactly do you mean by databases? The events, or the mysql database containing the ESM resources?

The ESM resources can be exported and imported using export_system_tables and import_system_tables (refer to admin guide for details).

For the events: I'm not sure whether it is possible to copy the online event store. If you have archiving enabled, you should be able to copy the archives (under /opt/arcsight/logger/data/archives/) to the new server and run the restorearchives command (refer to admin guide for details).

Alternatively, you could attempt stopping all arcsight services and simply copying the whole /opt/arcsight directory to the new server (after performing a fresh install on that new server, in order to register the services etc.). I'm not sure however whether that is really a supported approach. It resembles the suggested approach for rolling back an upgrade, but that is usually on the same server...

From 6.0 to 6.5, I'm not sure whether you can simply move databases. I guess moving it to 6.0 and then upgrading to 6.5 would make more sense. Especially for restoring event archives, this procedure changed from 6.0 to 6.5. The restorearchives command does not work for 6.5. And I don't think importing the system tables of 6.0 to a 6.5 install is possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thank you very much!

You helped me!

What you describe - that's what I thought!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.