Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing arcsight logger

Hi,

I was trying to install arcsight logger (ArcSight-5.2.7.6544.0-Connector-Downloadable-Logger-Linux.bin) on RHEL but gives me this error when trying to install :

./ArcSight-5.2.7.6544.0-Connector-Downloadable-Logger-Linux.bin: /tmp/install.dir.26243/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory

./ArcSight-5.2.7.6544.0-Connector-Downloadable-Logger-Linux.bin: line 2506: /tmp/install.dir.26243/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: Success.

Any idea what could be the problem and is this the right package or not ?

Hi,
0 Likes
11 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Sameh,

this error usually occurs when you try to install 32-bit applications (e.g. ArcSight connector) on a 64-bit Linux without the 32-bit libraries installed.

Apart from that, the binary you mentioned is not ArcSight logger. You should have something like ArcSight-logger-6.0.0.7307.1.bin instead.

Regards,

Heiko

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks, so how can i get the logger package ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Like all ArcSight software, you can download it from the support portal at Welcome - HP Software Support given you have a valid SAID.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks a lot. I have one more question, is it possible to send the logs directly to ESM or express without having to send them to connector then the connector send them to ESM ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The answer is easy and short: no.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

is this the package of connector : ArcSight-conapp-6.4.0.6881.3.bin and should it be installed on RHEL also ?

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Connectors are:

ArcSight-7.0.7.7279.0-Connector-Linux.bin   167M    

ArcSight-7.0.7.7279.0-Connector-Linux64.bin         161M    

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

there is a package for connector to be installed on Windows right ?

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Sure. Look for

ArcSight-7.0.7.7279.0-Connector-Win.exe         157M    

ArcSight-7.0.7.7279.0-Connector-Win64.exe         157M    

0 Likes
Ensign
Ensign

Can you specifybtge platform are you usingbto install the logger?

On 28 Jan 2015 19:52, "Karlo Luiten" <

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

while installing the connector i get this message connector.png

so what type of connector to choose ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.