New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logger Performance Seems to be Slow

Does anyone have any tips on improving logger performance? I know on the manager you can increase Java Heap and this helps sometimes. We have approximately 6 receivers and 6 forwarders. The logger is very sluggish. EPS is not where I think it should be. Also searches run very slow.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Enable full text indexing for searches on the logger to increase the speed of the queries.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you. We do have full text indexing enabled. I am wondering how to tweak the configuration parameters to speed things up a bit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Six forwarders is a lot of overhead. Are you forwarding to six different ESM instances?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No. We are forwarding to one ESM. The problem is that we need to know which location the data came from once we look in the console. There is a field - I think OriginalHostName that does not get sent from the logger to the console. We can not use the Customer fields because the values are not consistent. So what we did was create six forwarders and named them according to the SourceName which show up as six connectors in the Console. Our users are able to create active channels, dashboards, reports, etc based on AgentID/AgentName of the connector. Do you know of an alternative that would allow us to do this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have not worked with the forwarding connector in Logger. Do the forwarded logs include the deviceAddress or deviceHostName fields? If so, those indicate the device that originated the logs and could be used to sort or filter by origin in ESM.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.