New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Logger message

Hello all,

I am currently receiving the following notification/message from Logger when attempting to modify Event Output -> Forwarders page.

"Unable to perform operation, previous operation is still in progress"

It is basically just hanging on that screen. Queries continue to run, all processes are showing as "running."

Seems like something is hung up, how can I tell what may be causing this? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed. Thank you all.

v/r,

rom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The Logger forwarder would be the first place to check.

$LOGGER_HOME/arcsight/connector/current/logs

agent.out.wrapper.log & agent.log

there is also the logger_processor.log ($LOGGER_HOME/arcsight/logger/logs) which is more about forwarder internal processes.

Either of these 3 should give you some clue as to what's going in

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Dave,

The issue was resolved by level 2 support. I thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have same issue here how did you solve the problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Emre,

It was resolved by Support, it appears many of the functions were hung. Sorry I do not have a clear answer for you.

rom

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Rommel,

I followed https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01530198

But for logger_processor.properties and it resolved the issue.

Regards,

Hafez

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

1. Stop all of the services:

./opt/local/monit/bin/monit stop all

NOTE: Use "/opt/local/monit/bin/monit status" to check when they are all stopped.

2) Move logger logger_receiver.properties file to /tmp:

cd /opt/arcsight/userdata/logger/user/logger

mv logger_receiver.properties /tmp/logger_receiver.properties

3) Create a new logger_receiver.properties file:

touch logger_receiver.properties

4) Change the ownership to arcsight:arcsight:

chown arcsight:arcsight logger_receiver.properties

5) Overwrite the new file with the original logger_receiver.properties file from /tmp directory:

cd tmp

cp -f logger_receiver.properties /opt/arcsight/userdata/logger/user/logger

6) Start services:

./opt/local/monit/bin/monit start all

This will be sorted your issue

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.