New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Report on User ACLs

Can anyone provide details on how to setup an ArcSight Report to output the User Names, their ACLs, and the User Type?   Any guidance is appreciated.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Larry,

Unfortunately I've tried this before and I was not able to find a solution.

Sorry,

-Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Larry,

We currently don't have a way to generate suce report within ESM. However, we did ship a standalone tool in ESM 4.5 that can give you the similar output. It is called ACLReportGen tool. What version of ESM are you on?

Thanks,

Monica

ArcSight Developement team

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Currently running 4.0 sp1.  About to upgrade to latest release though.  SOW almost finalized.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I'm trying to get a handle on the rbac implementation currently on an ESM.

Using "ACLReportGen.sh" I do get the acl's on resources, however I'd like too get the full acl's in place. So also for 'Operations', 'User Groups', 'Events' & 'Sortable Field Sets'. Is there a possibillity to get this information using this, or an other, tool?

cheers, jhs

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Give Resource Reporter a try.  It will probably not give you everything you need, but it should cover most of it.

A.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.