Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SN17: Best Practices in Using and Understanding Trends

SN17
Best Practices in Using and Understanding Trends
Speaker: David Wiser, Software Architect-ArcSight
This session will be an in-depth look at trend reporting. Details will be provided on how trends manage data, how to debug trends, advanced editor attributes, and the use of trends on trends. This session will also provide tips for utilizing trends to improve overall reporting performance.
Level: Intermediate

Sorry, video file is not available for download.

[pdf-att]/home/lithium/migration/hp_protect724/mnt/jive_persist/binstore/scan_jivesbs/a1901.bin[/pdf-att]

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are there plans to make the video available in the future?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jason - We do aim to have the video included wheneer possible. Unfortunately, it's not available here; just the .pdf. Hope it's helpful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you, I've started going through the PDF and it is helpful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Great! Thanks for your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A tip for anyone else reading through the presentation. On page 58 regarding Trend Actions there's a note that says "Watch out for integer vs. long vs. double". What he's talking about there is the field types you create in the Active List have to match the field types in the Trend/Query. e.g. I was trying to use a "Count(Attacker Address)" field but it wasn't working because it is a Long type and I was using integer/string.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I've followed this document and I have found great but I have a question for you.

After I created 3Queries ->3 Trends->3 (Trends-Queries) I tried to write all data in a list on columns without success. Do you know how to do this?

At this moment all data are writing on lines.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Now even the PDF is no longer available... Yes, I know it's 9 years old but most (if not all) of this presentation was still up to date (ArcSight didn't evolved that much...) and we were still using it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.