Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Two Table Report Failing

I have two queries and two reports. Both queries run fine in a Simple Table Landscape template. However, if I choose a Two Tables Landscape template using the two queries only one query will fill in the top table leaving the bottom empty. I can switch the queries and I get the same results, the top table will fill in and the bottom won't. Any ideas?

In addition. Early on, I was able to populate both tables. Not sure what changed.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Christopher,

I´m not pretty sure about the source of the problem, but I can suggest some advices:

1) Check the Query and the Report Parameters in your Report. Maybe you have values for Start Time, End Time or Row Limit which do not allow to display results.

2) Have you tried to create a new-brand report?

I hope this helps.

BR, Christian.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried your suggestions and got the same results. However, I did take the one query that currently isn't populating and modified the conditions. The conditions contain two filters. Each filter is basically a bunch of Event Conditions stemming from an =OR. In the Query I have both filters stemming from and &AND. I changed the Operator in the Query from an &AND to a =OR and reran the original report. Both tables populated but the top table (the one using the Query that I just modified) only populated with the first Filter in the Query and not both. I changed the Query back from a =OR to &AND and reran and again it did not populate.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Christopher,

To test if this is a query/filter issue or a template issue, select the query that is working for both tables. If both tables populate the problem is most likely in the query conditions.

HTH,

Doron

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I've played around with both queries since both run by themselves in a single table template. I've used the same query to populate both tables and I get the same results. If I switch the other query and populate both tables, again same results. However, going back to one query for the top table and one for the bottom table, now they are bouncing back and forth as to which one will populate and which one won't. One time I run my report the top table will populate. The next time, without changes, the bottom will populate, but never both.

What factors outside of the way the queries, filters and/or reports are created could cause issues. If I was having db issues, could that affect my reports?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There aren’t any custom or default query parameters on the Report>Parameters tab is there and/or are you trying to show the same data but different time spans in your 2 tables?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No. Nothing special. In fact the whole thing is pretty simple. There isn't anything complicated about any of it. I'm at a loss.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Christopher,

I have never experienced a problem like this. Please, correct me if I am wrong: if you run two different reports (one for each query), there is no problem, isn´t it? If you try to run only one report containing both queries there should not be any problem, so if it is not succeeding, the problem must be in the report parameters. Since you state that this report is very simple, I can encourage you to try two things:

1) Create two new queries, very simple (only one condition for instance) and run a report. In this way, you will find out if your real problem is in the query or in the report.

2) Are your queries based on events or on a trend? I usually run my reports with queries on trend and the result is almost always very positive.

I hope this helps.

BR, Christian.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I haven't had a chance to try your suggestions, however, last Thursday I created a report using the two queries I've been using an created a three table report. I used the two queries and repeated one of them. It worked like a charm. All three tables populated. I thought my problems were over. I went back and reran the two table report. No luck.

Using some of what you said, I created a whole new report and using my queries I ran it again and "WalAh!" it worked. I thoroughly compared the two reports and the two are identical except for there names. Not sure why the first report wouldn't run.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.