New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

connector filter out blank lines from log file

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to filter out blank lines from a log file that is generated by an application.  The log file has multiple events and each line of events is separated by a blank line.  When I add the filtered to filter out the line (Ex:  "Name = NULL"), the blank line still appears in the active channel.  However, if I set a filter on the active channel to Name != NULL, it will remove the lines though.  Is there another way to do this?  Thanks.

-P

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to make sure - you are just talking in the context of ESM and an active channel correct? If so on string type fields go to where you are setting the operator (=, !=, etc) and look for "Is". Once you set that click in the text box area and you should see the option for Null or Not Null.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to make sure - you are just talking in the context of ESM and an active channel correct? If so on string type fields go to where you are setting the operator (=, !=, etc) and look for "Is". Once you set that click in the text box area and you should see the option for Null or Not Null.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mark,

Thanks.  That is what I was looking for.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.