Absent Member.
Absent Member.

create package from express 5.0 ORACLE for activelist with data and import to express v4 with CORR

Hi,

im lost here, is it possible to create packages for activelist include the data inside the list from express oracle base and import into the express v4 with CORR?

thank!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I recently exported a package with AL (including AL data) on a ESM 5.2 and imported successfully on 6.5.

so i say YES

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Absolutely can.

Just create a new package, add the active list(s) to it and then export it. Take that ARB and import it into the new ESM system and you are off, simple as that.

You can of course even automate it and do clever stuff too - so the content management feature isn't as reliable as we might hope (large active lists being a well known issue), but you can even automate the package export (command line) and push install on the destination ESM - so you can replace active lists between systems!

But I suspect you aren't looking for that - just mentioning.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i think i select the wrong export method. i use export but not default. thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh, i see. I thought your question goes into the "content compatibility" corner. But missing AL data after import is a different thing, indeed.

Yes, use default, if you need the data. IMHO, that also counts for trends.

Regards,

MM

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Tested with default method. but it seem some active list have some don't. i come from express v5.0 SP2 oracle to express v4 Corr.

thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.