Absent Member.
Absent Member.

increase the number of failed login attempts for arcsight web? also, increase timeout period too?

We are working with 2 different arcsight instances.  one of them works with our active directory for login info.  the other works independently, so we have to set passwords.

the helpdesk employees frequently get the 2 of them confused and end up locking themselves out after 3 attempts.  how can i increase the number of failed attempts before an account is locked out?

also, how can i increase the timeout period for arcsight web?  i'm pretty sure it prompts to stay active every 15 minutes unless it is on the dashboard tab

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't know about ArcSight Web but on the Logger and Connector Appliances, you can change timeout in System Admin/Authentication/Login. It's set in seconds - I don't know wha the maximum is but I have used 86,400 (1 day) in the lab. Password lockouts can be changed on the Passwords tab on the Authentication screen.

I guess there must be something similar on the server for Web??

Rgrds

Peter

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ArcSight web is a pass-through into ESM so if you need to modify the password settings you will need to adjust them in ESM. Those setting are controlled in server.properties/server.defaults.properties.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.