Provide option to download full test results that can be analysed in "Analysis".

Idea ID 2703500

Provide option to download full test results that can be analysed in "Analysis".

Hi,

It would be valuable to have the option to download the full results (.lrr) post test execution from Stormrunner, which can be viewed and analysed in LR Analysis module.  As the built in analysis within Stormrunner is still evolving with every release and seems lacking when compared to LR Analysis in areas it would be good to have this option made available as the engineers on field and clients are used to seeing the graphs and metrics that can be easily retrieved using LR Analysis when the full set of results are available.

Regards,
Madhu

7 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Waiting for Votes

PatrickD Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

This would be really a great addition. LR analysis is such a powerfull tool. Right now the 5 second aggregation is quite high, a full result set would allow much better root cause analysis.

Result sets grow very big very fast for long duration tests which might be difficult for cloud LG’s. But on-premise LG’s should definately be capable to have the option to export full result sets.

MadhuG Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

PatrickD - Thanks for the comment.  

For the cloud LGs, may be allowing this option ONLY if the test duration is under 2 hours and with much lesser retention policy (say just 1 week or so) could be a mitigation to what you mentioned.  As most of the times we are running short duration baseline runs which are under 2 hours and the soak/endurance runs that are executed for longer duration are infrequent right.  Just a thought on cloud LG, if there is a concern on gathering the full results building up over time.

Regards,
Madhu

Tim Jones1 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

YES, YES and YES!

Not only that the 5 second granularity is rubbish, how about reporting both the 90th and the 95th using the same run!!  Support came back a while ago and told us to just run 2 separate tests lol.

It's such a disappointing lack of functionality that even the free tools provide you.

@MadhuG   Performance Center SAAS allows you to save full results.  Why not StormRummer?  

Cheers,

John

"reporting both the 90th and the 95th using the same run" - this is going to be supported very soon, the first delivery will be made available for selective customers (beta) next week, please reach out to support and ask to connect with product team if you wish to participate in the beta program, in the near future this capability will be released to all tenants. 

As for the 5 seconds granularity - please allow me to look into it. 

Sharon 

Regular Contributor.

@levins 

Thanks mate, that's great news and will follow up upon your suggestion.

I'm well and truly sick and tired of explaining to my project and tech leads why the 99th is faster than the 95th.   It's absolutely mental.

Take it you work for MF?  Is there any way you could help me push myself into the beta program on the back of my comment?  Client's site has had a fully supported SR license for the past few years and I was horrified (my first time using StormLoad) toward the solution of having to run twice.  It's just not on and makes absolutely no sense at all.

I have raised a ticket but if you could kindly bump me up in the queue, I'd appreciate that greatly.

Cheers

Regular Contributor.

@levins 

Hi mate,

Does the new forthcoming functionality apply to any combination of percentiles as per the legacy Analysis module?

For example, 

We would want the 95th and the 99th; or we would want the 90th and the 95th; and let's say the 90th, 95th and the 99th?

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.