Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Can you run a client application in load runner cloud?

Jump to solution

Hi All

We have recently purchased a subscription to Load Runner cloud and have already been running some web tests using the True Client and Web Protocols from the cloud based infrastructure. 

We have some client applications that run on desktops that we would like to test at scale and I am wondering if it is possible to use load runner cloud to unpack/install/execute these applications at scale within the same cloud infrastructure?

If so can anyone provide me to some useful resources that walk through the process?

Thanks

K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Can you run a client application in load runner cloud?

Jump to solution

Hello again,

We are looking into the possibility, at the moment it doesn't exist.

I encourage you to open an enhancement request like I said before, and we'll take the specification from that ER you open in the Idea  Exchange portal.

Thank you for your input, have a lovely rest of the week.

Regards,
Kassam. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello there,

As far as we're concerned, you may run a test on any application anywhere, and at almost any scale you like.

However, you will need to set-up your up-scaled application on whatever cloud provider you like, then you may contact us by opening a ticket to support, so that we can provide you with a white-list of IPs to allow access to that application.

The actions unpack/install/execute of the applications at scale is done on your side, you may contact AWS to request information on how to do that.

Please let us know if that answers your question.

Regards,
Kassam.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Unless of course I misunderstood, are you asking of you can install a client application on LRC Cloud LGs (for example, VPN client, SAP GUI client, etc...).
The answer for that is no, it will be interesting for us to know what client application you would need to install on the Cloud LGs, maybe you can elaborate with some more information on this one.
You may also open an enhancement request in parallel, here:
LRC ERs (Idea Exchange) Community

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kassam Badir

This will be a piece of software that runs on a desktop and makes/receives requests to/from a remote server. 

The software would have its own installer which would need to be setup first and we would then pro-grammatically design a test that would launch the application and simulate interactions that would in turn send and receive data to/from a data center component.  

Thanks

kwalsh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kassam Badir

Do you have any response to my last post?

Thanks

kwalsh

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello again,

We are looking into the possibility, at the moment it doesn't exist.

I encourage you to open an enhancement request like I said before, and we'll take the specification from that ER you open in the Idea  Exchange portal.

Thank you for your input, have a lovely rest of the week.

Regards,
Kassam. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

To extend on what I said in the last comment:

While this is currently NOT supported with LRC Cloud LGs, you can do that that with LRC On-Premise LG.
If you would like to explore this use case in LRC further, please let us know to organize a call with the product team, we will be happy to discuss this live.

Regards,
Kassam B.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.