Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Junit vuser calling REST services

Can you use a junit test as a vuser, where the test basically just calls a REST service? I imagine the instructions would be similar to using Selenium scripts as described here:  Selenium scripts in StormRunner Load. The idea would be to run many of these from a single load generator.

Or am I oversimplifying things? 

I know there's an eclipse plugin that LoadRunner users have utilized, which gives you nethods for measuring transactions. Would that vuser transfer over to SRL. How would that work?

Thanks for any insights.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Personally, I suggest that you use VuGen to create a Java protocol script to implement what you need. Then, upload the script to SRL to run it.. In this way, 'measuring transactions', logging, RTS,, parameters and other advanced functionalities can be easily used.

If you want to run your existing JUnit script in SRL, you can follow the the same steps as the link you mentioned.

Regards,

Wei Sun

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

I realize there are other approaches, but I want to investigate and understand the possibilities and limitations ot this one.

One thing that's not clear to me is if the "Selenium-style" vuser available for SRL is scalable. If you create a Java vuser in vugen, you get something with an init-action-end type vuser that compiles to an executable the LR controller understands. With the Selenium-style vuser, it looks like Micro Focus took a different approach and I'd ike to understand the details better.

Mirco Focus are you listening?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.