Idea ID 2799855
current LRE 2020SP1
migrated from PC1262
In PCv12.62, we have our business added as viewer role to lab management which allows him to generate report and perform very basic admin tasks. However, we do not see any such user role in LRE2020 administrator site. We see that only administrator can have access of the siteAdmin and we cannot add any other role like viewer who can at least generate report. This is a big drawback for us as we cannot assign full siteadmin to our business users and there is no option to have a limited rights user to access site admin side.
What are the differences from 12.62 to LRE 2020 SP1, what is missing, how to reproduce?
In PC 12.6x:
Add an user "abc126x" to lab_project under siteAdmin, lab management tab-->lab management users-->add users---> UNCHECK “Project Administrator”
Meaning: the user added to lab project is NOT a project Admin
In case say user “abc126x “can
1. logon to PC Admin site -->, he can login to PC Admin site like a viewer.
2. cannot edit anything unlike Actual PC Admin--> which is good and expected.
3. however, can view the reports running under Admin site. This is useful for our clients who are working on projects and business people want to check the reports for all their projects.
In LRE 2020 x
create user "abc2020x" as a performance tester or viewer with any permissions made available
1. CANNOT login to Admin site
2. can login to any associated project from load test , However, reporting tool is NOT there for ALL the projects.
In LRE2020x can we have user abc2020x to have a user role with permission to login to Admin site + view ONLY reports? Like the user “abc126x” above?
kind of viewer on LRE admin site to view configurations and generate reports for ALL active/inactive projects at once.
Workaround LRE 2020:
Administrator can download the pdf from admin site to provide it to business users. However, this is not on-demand. Customer needs real-time report which is only possible with the viewer added to admin site. MF RnD is working to provide an interim solution to have the pdf and/or excel report generated through a static page.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.