Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

[10054] Connection reset by peer - pls help!

I have some scripts I'm writing that upload a file, open it, export it and then delete it.

I can run them ok on smaller files, but when I get to medium or large files I get the connectin reset error.

Any Ideas? Thanks
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: [10054] Connection reset by peer - pls help!

This is not a solution, but sharing my inputs. Not sure its applicable for you.

I usually get this error, whenever one of the server is down. It works fine after restarting the perf servers and ran the test again.
May be, its not your script issue. Whenever you upload a large size file, your server goes down or something hangs. Verify the app log files to make sure your app is up and running in all perf servers.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for the info. Yes, I a request for them to look at the log files.

I can add small file but when I do medium and large I get this error.

Thx... David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Maybe you can try to increase the timeout settings:

Run Time settings > Preferences > Options

Increase the timeout values in the HTTP and General Sections.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for the update, I have done that because b/4 that change I was getting a time out message. So I changed that to be a warning and changed the time to be 360 from 120. That seems to have resolved the issue. I can run the sometimes successfully and sometimes not, so It is leading me to belive it is a probablem on the server side. I'll will update this case to keep all informed in case it may help someone else in the future.

Thank you... David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Is it happining only when you are trying to upload a medium/large size file from Vugen Script or manually too?

Or is this problum appears when you are trying to upload medium/large size file with multiple users? Then it is server which is not able to handle it. Once again validate the scenario with business users is the user pattern correct or not.

Regards,
BN
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I am running script one then two and 3 sequentially. Only one user on this test is doing anything at one point in time. User one processes a small pdf and a small dwg (drawing) file, User 2 is medium sized files and user 3 is large. I have been able to run the scripts successfully no errors but sometimes I get the error. When we use the application, never get an error, when we used LR scenario or vugen we intermittently get it. I have adjusted timeout to 360 and told it a timeout is a warning. Seems like even when you do that, it still stops if you had the timeout set to 120.

Thanks.. David
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi 

I am facing a similar issue.  I am trying to post a message and when the message crosses a certain size, I am getting the error mentioning connection reset by peer after waiting for a specified duration(timeout duration). 

Also, it is happening on VuGen itself. The script uses a simple web_custom_request to post and also uses SSL.

Not sure what is stopping from sending the post request. 

No issue from the server end though and it has been confirmed. 

Thanks

krupa

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi David

A technical explanation of this message error, “connection reset”, is that the LG tried to read/write a TCP socket that was closed by the server or the client. That is normal when the server needs refresh socket connection every specific time.

In a load test many of the vuser running as a thread share the same socket to send receive information to a server. I suggest you the following:

1-      Run the vuser as a process

2-      Add at the beginning of the Action() the sentence web_set_sockets_option ("SHUTDOWN_MODE", "ABRUPT")

For more information about this issue please check the following KM178585 and here.

Rodolfo Leitón

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

For LoadRunner here.
For Performance Center here.

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you found this information useful please leave a kudo.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.