Highlighted
New Member.

ALM/PC | SNMP Monitoring | Unable to Get Counters

Hello All,

I am trying to set up an SNMP MONITOR resource in Performance Center (integrated with ALM) 12.5, for a DataPower appliance, After filling in the Server IP/hostname and SNMP port in the required field, and hitting GET COUNTERS, I get an error stating - 

Failed to retrieve measurements.

Please check the machine name, creadentails and other supplied details and try again.

If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

What other configurations need to be in place in ALM/PC to be able to capture SNMP data? Should we be configuring the PC host with the MIB file of the target server? I have been able to capture SNMP monitoring data by other means, but with ALM/PC I am facing this problem.

Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,

Mriganka

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ALM/PC | SNMP Monitoring | Unable to Get Counters

Were the Firewall Enabled between the PC server & that other Host?

Did you Telnet / Ping the Host?

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.