Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

ALM and PC - Version Compatibility

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have read that before installing Performance center (12.53) you need ALM installed as a pre-requisite.. The PC installation guide also mentions about having the same version for both ALM and PC.

One of my clients has "ALM Version 11.00",  "HP ALM PC Version 12.01" & "HP PC 12.01" mentioned in their lab setup document. They say their ALM 11 and PC 12.01 are connected and working fine.

Bit confused here. How can ALM version 11.00 be integrated with HP PC 12.01. (versions have to be same, right?). I am assuming they have connected HP ALM PC version 12.01 to HP PC 12.01.

Also read about different ALM editions in link below: (which mentions about HP ALM & HP ALM PC editions).

http://alm-help.saas.hpe.com/en/12.50/online_help/Content/UG/menu_alm_editions.htm

Any thoughts?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ALM and PC - Version Compatibility

Jump to solution

ALM and PC from different releases *may* work fine together. We don't explicitly block such combination. However, we do not guarantee that it will work and don't provide a support for such configuration.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

ALM and PC from different releases *may* work fine together. We don't explicitly block such combination. However, we do not guarantee that it will work and don't provide a support for such configuration.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi

I get a bit confused here, when I read "are connected"

As I see it, ALM 11 should be working alone and the PC 12.01 should work thogeter with ALM PC version 12.01 and the both ALM installations are isolated.

So either you login and work in the ALM 11 or in the PC ALM 12.01, wich can even share the database-server, but the ALM projects can only be used from ALM 11 or PC ALM 12.01.

OR is it something else that I have missed?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.