Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination.

I am getting the following error when I try run a script which I have recorded from my machine. My machine is windows and the load generator I am using is UNIX.

My scripts fail when I implement Single-Sign-On but if I have this turned off then my scripts run without any problems.

When recording my scripts I am prompted to enter the password for authentication which is then integrated into my scripts.

One other thing - these scripts run no problem when I run them from my localhost - the problem is when I try to use the UNIX load generators.

All advice would be very grateful as I need to get this completed asap.

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Abnormal termination, caused by mdrv process termination.

Hi,

You need to provide an NTML authentication line of code in which you need to passon authentication credentials.

Check web_set_user function in Vugen Help > Reference guide. Put this code before any code starts in script.

In your local machine you must be having direct access to the application when every request goes via your machine it automatically authenticates the request to pass on to server.

Thanks
Champ

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply - When I record the script the web_set_user function is generated with this automatically as I am prompted to enter my credentials at the end of recording.

With this in my script however I am getting the mdrv termination error.

I have ran the verify_generator command from the load generator and this fails. I get the following error:

verify_generator...OK
verify_generator...OK
verify_generator...OK
Don't forget to make sure that the name of the controller machine
is also in .rhosts
Verify $M_LROOT ...Failed
_____It was not possible to set the $M_LROOT from
_____the shell dot files. One of several things might be happening:
_____1) $M_LROOT is not set at all in the shell dot files.
_____2) There is some error in the shell dot files which stops their execution
_____ before it sets $M_LROOT.
_____3) There is conditional code in the shell dot files (most likely related to
_____ interactive and non interactive shells) and $M_LROOT is set
_____ only in one of the sections.
_____Aborting virtual user tests on host lrtp68
verify_generator...OK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also getting the following error messages in my log file which may clarify things for people who are familiar with LoadRunner and may have come across this before:

Communication error: The Client failed to send packet. The socket has been shut down. (sys error message - Resource temporarily una
vailable)[MsgId: MERR-10343]

Error: Two Way Communication Error: Function two_way_comm_post_message / two_way_comm_post_message_ex failed. [MsgId: MERR-60990]

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with running LR 9.5 as controller and LR 8.1 as load generator (on UNIX) - is there some sort of compatibility issue here?

Thanks,
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.