Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding many load generators

Hi.

I need to add 50+ load generators and was wondering if there was a list or a configuration file that I can directly add them to in the LR install? I've been adding them by hand in the past but it is getting kind tiresome....

TIA for any help.

JN
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Adding many load generators

Hello Jun,

You no need to add every time, add it once and use the option "Save Load Generator List as Default" under Scenario menu in LR Controller.

Thanks!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Madthrt,

Thanks for your reply.
The problem is that I have to regularly update the load generator list (some are virtual machines) so saving it as default do not help me. The machines need to be accessed by IP (no DNS resolution due domain trust issues) and they change a lot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can edit the file at the below location.
C:\Program Files\HP\LoadRunner\config\wlrun7.hst

Make sure to backup the file and careful while editing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can also copy and paste it directly into the generator list. I do this from excel all the time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You mention using virtual machines for load generators. There is a know problem with timing using virtual machines as load generators. Read this post: http://bit.ly/UJNMy on SQAForums for the details.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.