Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ajax Replay problem Vugen 9.52

Application: J2EE, Richfaces & IE7
Protocol Used: Web Click & Script

We have page where we enter VIN number of a vehicle then tab out which automatically (ajax)populates year, model, make & type in the page.
I was able to record without any problem infact I can even see recorded values in list box in replay browser.
Problem is while replaying script its unable to populate those vlaues automatically after VIN number.
I'm unable to proceed, any help or ideas will be of great help.

Thanks,
Selvan
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Ajax Replay problem Vugen 9.52

The 2 Click and Script protocol will not work for all websites. I'm curious, you mentioned AJAX replay but you're using Web Click and Script. Why not use AJAX Click and Script?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried using Ajax Click & Script too but did not make much of a difference.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Yeah, those 2 replays are not 100% reliable. When using Click and Script and script does not work, I then try Alternative Navigation (which does not really help too much). In the end, I tend to fall back to Web HTML/HTTP but maybe other with more experience can help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your suggestion. Reason I'm trying to stick with click & script (web/ajax) is that apart from making this VIN number ajax page work, I also have to traverse through few more pages in workflow & start hitting back button of the browser (actual server calls take place). This, I was able to achieve only through C&S.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.