Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Another "record=names" question

Hello all. We are using LR 9.1 and are recording against an Oracle Forms application using Oracle 10g. We've set record=names using all three methods described in the documentation I have seen posted here and in other places, but unfortunately, with no success. My question is are there any Oracle settings anyone knows of that could prohibit "record=names" from being applied or taking effect? This problem has proven to be a tough nut to crack.

Thanks all.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Yes, I have faced same situation. scripting the Oravle app with names can be restricted at the application server side, if you are having issues in recording with names. First discuss with application team with this information, then can give the clarity on security settings.

You will get the clarity if recording is blocked by the app team with names.

-Raj

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rajasekhar thanks for your reply. If you are able to do so, can you elaborate on the kind of restrictions that were in place in your experience that kept record=names from taking effect? Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I havent seen the documentation you mention but the method I use is to login as sysadmin, go to Profile > System, locate the Forms Launcher (%Forms%Launch%) and add config=loadrunner to end end of the string.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply Terry. As it turned out on the record=names issue, we edited the formsweb.cfg and webutiljini.htm files properly and are now seeing object names correctly. Unfortunately, that now takes us to another error.

The window currently in focus: "Forms".
The last popup/alert message received: "Forms - oracle.forms.webutil.browser.BrowserFunctions bean not found. WEBUTIL_SEPARATEFRAME.IsSeparateFrame will not work"

I've tried some things to simply close the Forms popup, but with no success. Not sure if what I am seeing is something Oracle related on the application end or something caused by LoadRunner. With a normal manual login, we do not see this error.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Are you facing this problem when you use the application manually?

And does the application uses any Java grid like universal work queue in oracle forms?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The error message / popup does not appear when the application is logged into and used manually. An odd error and unfortunately no answers for it yet. I have seen references on the web to this error message, but they are few and far between. Some indication it has to do with settings maybe in formsweb.cfg, but since we don't see the problem when used manually, configuration on the server would not seem to be the case.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

RaiderPower,
If the application doesn't throw the error when you perform the operations manually, then it must be a problem with the script recording / loadrunner configuration.
I have seen these kind of popups while working with Oracle NCA protocol quite a number of times.

I would like to know a few questions,
When are you seeing this error message? Is it during the initial application launch itself with Jinitiator or is it throwing the popup after a few steps in the business process?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

For similar problems, I received an odd fix from HP like changing few parameters in the in the .usr file and other configuration files in the recorded script. There is a parameter that can change the way the objects are getting detected in Oracle NCA. Have you got any response for your support case? Or did you raise a support case with HP?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This may help others . . . in App's 11.5.10 you should 1) login to your apps UNIX account and do an "env | grep FORMS60_WEB_CONFIG_FILE" to identify the proper web config file to edit 2) edit the file ID'ed by the step above searching for the "expose_object_names" parameter now provided by Oracle for use with LoadRunner. 3) Set this to "yes". It worked for me. I was unable to find the files to edit for record=names setting used by other methods.

Dave
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One additional note . . . you still need to append the "?record=names" on the end of your URL when recording the script.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.