Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Application with Ajax objects

Jump to solution
Hi

Our application is web based application.
It has Ajax objects embeded inside.
Can we test this application with Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol?
If not what is suitable protocol for this type of applications?

When I recorded with Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol, where ever we have
Ajax objects VUGen recording it as web_custom_request();

Post your suggestions how to load test this application.

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Application with Ajax objects

Jump to solution
Ravi, you absolutely can correlate dynamic server side variables.

If it changes throughout your script you'll need to correlate it before each request.

You also may want to check that your custom_request calls have the appropriate AJAX header information for those calls otherwise you may have incorrect response times as the entire page may get refreshed during playback and not the smaller AJAX portion you recorded.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Ajax can be handled with the straight HTML protocol, which can capture many calls, either with web_url or web_custom calls.

Have you been able to effectively play back the script now that you have the web_custom_requests?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Have you try the new protocol Ajax click and scripts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
James,

Yes I am able to play back script successfully recorded with one userID, parameterized required values, and ran with different userID, verified values returned with second userID are correct or not , every thing looks fine.

My concern is when I ran the script getting values faster rate than when we do it manually.

I am not sure how to handle these web_custom_request(); functions.

Ex:
web_custom_request("accountlist",
"URL=http://qa.v2020.com:8888/prot/Service.svc/accountlist?_dc=1264449543183",
"Method=POST", ..........

In above web_custom_request(); funtion, script sending a request ...accountlist?_dc=1264449543183, not sure what is _dc=1264449543183.
Even developer also do not know.If it is dynamic we can correlate it, but this request sending from client to server, not sure Ajax objects
may creating this number.

Almost for every web_custom_request(); script sending one such a number.

so far without handling web_custom_request(); I am getting correct response values from server.

So I welcome all your suggestions to improve/enhance our scripts.

Fafo,

I tried with Ajax (click and script) but we are getting error while recording 'Internet Explorer can not open the Internet site ...... opertion aborted'

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
_dc looks like a timestamp and have to be correlate

did you use url or html base script ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Fafo,

I am using HTML mode .
Looks like _dc is timestamp (Milli seconds from Jan 01,1970), not sure why they or Ajax object are sending this in web_custom_request(); and this _dc is 100s of time in script and it very difficult to correlate.

Moreover seems this _dc is generated by client ant server, can we correlate client side generated dynamic values?

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Ravi, you absolutely can correlate dynamic server side variables.

If it changes throughout your script you'll need to correlate it before each request.

You also may want to check that your custom_request calls have the appropriate AJAX header information for those calls otherwise you may have incorrect response times as the entire page may get refreshed during playback and not the smaller AJAX portion you recorded.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Steve,

Yes we have to correlate server side variables, but in my case I saw in web_custom_request(); we are sending dynamic values (seems which are generated by Ajax objects).

where I have to check custom_request calls have the appropriate AJAX header information for those web_custom_request() calls?

Thanks
Ravi Allam
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.