Commander Commander
Commander

Authentication Change Query LoadRunner Enterprise 2020 SP 2

Jump to solution

Ive installed LRE20SP2 and configured Admin to use LDAP.  I tested the connection and it passed, so I activated LDAP as the authentication method.   Now I cannot log in.  Id like to reset the authentication method back to the internal LR DB, or out of box configuration.  I have tried using the prior solution posted and it doesnt work with this version of LRE. (Link)   Any suggestions on how to reset the authentication method?

TYIA!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello , 

The appsettings.json fix was relevant for LRE2020 SP1  but not for SP2/SP3 as the Authentication settings moved to the SITE ADMIN DB.

Please use the LRE Site Admin DB - table: CONFIGURATION_VALUES --> you'll probably find there an entry for the authentication- please update its CONFIG_VALUE to have the {"AuthType": 0) }  for Application Authentication.

You may run the following query, and start the LRE Backend service 

UPDATE CONFIGURATION_VALUES SET CONFIG_VALUE='{ "AuthType": 0 }' WHERE CONFIG_KEY='authentication';

Aliza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Could you please provide the json file as suggested in the previous link you referenced? 

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

The site wouldnt let me upload a file type of JSON so a screen capture of its content is attached.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello , 

The appsettings.json fix was relevant for LRE2020 SP1  but not for SP2/SP3 as the Authentication settings moved to the SITE ADMIN DB.

Please use the LRE Site Admin DB - table: CONFIGURATION_VALUES --> you'll probably find there an entry for the authentication- please update its CONFIG_VALUE to have the {"AuthType": 0) }  for Application Authentication.

You may run the following query, and start the LRE Backend service 

UPDATE CONFIGURATION_VALUES SET CONFIG_VALUE='{ "AuthType": 0 }' WHERE CONFIG_KEY='authentication';

Aliza

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.