Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automate LoadRunner through Java program

After generating the script through LoadRunner, is it possible to execute the script and start the load test using a Java client program? Does LoadRunner provide any API to execute this process?

p.s:I checked the other threads where I got one possible way, to execute the WLRun.exe from Java code.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Automate LoadRunner through Java program

Do you want to just execute the script outside? or do you want your load test to be started by other program?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I want my loadtest to be started from an external java program. I also came across something like mercury controller api. Let me know if you have any idea on that too.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Only way is launching wlrun.exe from command line/program.

Yes, LR has an automation API. But, it is VB/VC++.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.