Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automated Results Analysis

We run tests nightly as part of our continuous integration. What we need is an automated way to get the results from the tests. Is there a way to do this? We can code for this if we know where to get the data. Looking at the output files I can get some information, monitored resources, but I'm having a hard time finding transaction response times. I can get the general information, but I'm after the raw data. Does anyone else do something like this?
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can find the below settings in the option. In that you have to select: Collate and Analyze results.

First select Autostart, then goto option and select: Collate and Analyze results.

It will display as below

Post-run analysis:
Collate and Analyze results
Collate only
Do not collate results

So after the execution you can get the collated and analysed results.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

if you are using FP3. you have to considered upgrading to 8.1 FP4?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

It would be helpful to know what version of PC/LR you are using.

I have not done this but I read in the old Mercury forums posts from folks that mined the mdb Access files directly for data.

With Performance Center you should be able to set up your test to collate and generate an analysis report automatically after the test that is available via browser.

In PC 9.0 when you schedule a test in the Timeslots page, select the Options tab at the bottom and select Collate and Analyze results. If the test runs to completion and the Collate and Analyze completes there will be a report available for viewing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Try to Google "LoadRunner mdb file". There is a a link to an example on Wilson Mar's web site of and ASP file that pulls Error messages from the mdb file after a test. (This is a moot point now that PC/LR 9.0 includes this in the Analysis tool.) But it is a good example of pulling data from the mdb.

I am sure it will be a ton of work if you want to pull results automatically from the access database, but it could be done.

Maybe someone that has done this will read you post and respond.

Good luck.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry all, we are using LR 9.0. Does anyone know what LR 9.1 will bring? I see that the evaluation is available for d/l but I can't seem to d/l it.

Alan - where did you find the old Mercury forum posts, I'd like to check those out.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I have not moved to 9.1 so I cannot address that. I only know about the old Mercury forum mdb info from memory. I do not believe that we have access to those posts. You might also try the Loadrunner groups in yahoo groups. Check their archives for info.

If you are not already on the yahoo groups just search for LoadRunner and pick the most heavily utilized groups. There are two main groups one for all users and an advanced loadrunner group. I cannot remember the exact group names.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In all of this I did find that in the Analysis(9.0) tool under tools-options, there is a "database" tab. This tab tells Analysis where/how to store the results, either Access 2000 or SQL Server/MSDE. I tried SQL Server and pass 3/4 tests. The 4th test, "Synchronizing shared and physical server directories" fails. No particular reason and yes my logical storage location and physical storage locations point to the same place. Now I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2005. I have a feeling that I need to be running SQL 2000 since the option is SQL/MSDE, does anyone know about this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can add this, once the analysis session has ran and the session is saved, which can be automated there is a new mdb file created. With LR 9.0 there is a table called 'MastersMap', there are 13 sql statements. From these sql statements I was able to piece together the query I want to run to get the information that I need. So I've got want I want, now I just have a "would be nice if I could get the results to be stored in SQL in the first place".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, yes I can store Analysis session data in SQL 2000.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Last comment, I hope, How on earth does Analysis come up with the db names? For instance I get database names that look like this, ANA31772727DB. ??? Does anyone know where I can set this value?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The only way I found to get the sync to work for LR Analysis and SQL Server:

Logical: \\~servername~\C$\PROGRA~1\MI6841~1\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\

Physical:C:\PROGRA~1\MI6841~1\MSSQL.2\MSSQL\Data\
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.