Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Automatic load tests into a XP cycle

I would like to use LR for writing of the automatic load tests which can be re-executed several time.
I work with a soft team which use XP method : they are OK but the problem is that the LR scripts are linked to GUI of the web application.
If the GUI change into a version so it must modify the LR script ? This team realize a version each two week with a continous integration !
How resolve this problem in using LR ?

Regards
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Automatic load tests into a XP cycle

Any kind of functional or performance test scripts are to be modified accordingly with the new changes in the GUI. As of my knowledge there is no other option other than the maintenance of the scripts. One idea is to split the code into multiple non-functional functions and then call them by adding the path to the globals.h file. This makes to modify only the required functions where the GUI changes are applicable. Hope this information helps 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.