Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Basic Upgrade Overview

Jump to solution

I currently have Performance Center version 12.50 installed and am looking to upgrade to version 12.55

I have 2 ALM servers, 2 Performance Center servers and 13 Load Generators/Hosts.

In terms of upgrading do I need to:

1. Upgrade my ALM servers to 12.55

2. Upgrade the Performance Center servers to 12.55

3. Upgrade all LG's/Hosts to 12.55

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Basic Upgrade Overview

Jump to solution

Hello  cmcn2016,

Thank you for contacting our forums support site.

After checking your query, please keep in mind that the upgrade process that you are mentioned is the correct one.

Regards,

Joel Aguilar Cerna
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
microfocus.com
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello  cmcn2016,

Thank you for contacting our forums support site.

After checking your query, please keep in mind that the upgrade process that you are mentioned is the correct one.

Regards,

Joel Aguilar Cerna
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
microfocus.com
Micro Focus

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

Our current version is 12.50.32 so from the notes I see that we do not have to upgrade all our performance center projects to be compatible on version 12.55?

However, we would like to use the same servers (same ALM servers and database server)

In the notes it says that we should verify and repair all projects before upgrading. But then it also says we should reformat the ALM server's OS and uninstall the existing ALM? This is confusing.

Is it possible to do the following?

- verify and repair all projects

- back the projects and their associated databases up.

- backup the respository

- install 12.55 on top of existing 12.50 without reformatting the ALM server and uninstalling existing ALM?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.